• Considering a new, career-direction?
• Wondering if you have the right skills, knowledge and experience to be competitive?
Choosing a new career, is not as easy as choosing a tasty dessert! If you haven't job-searched for the past year, you would barely recognize the 'career buffet table' !
Posted by Sharon B. Cohen at 9:45 PM
- Feel your career has stalled?
- Do you want to climb the corporate ladder, but not sure how?
- Want professional career advice, but live in a remote region?
- Curious about Virtual Career Coaching and want a solution-based approach?
Posted by Sharon B. Cohen at 11:07 PM
- Are students afraid to rock the boat and complain about their internship employers?
- Are unpaid, internships legal? (Wait a minute - I wasn't paid!)
- How will the new, FLSA laws impact hiring?
On a regular basis, we grapple with defining internships and the potential, implications of unpaid internships. Should Universities post these jobs on the school job-boards? Should a University Career Center screen or evaluate postings? Whose role is it to to protect students from opportunists?
Posted by Sharon B. Cohen at 12:37 PM
*Confused about employment contracts?
*Interested in diversity and personal identity issues?
*Want to improve relations with co-workers?
Check out these Readers' favorite posts....
Posted by Sharon B. Cohen at 10:22 PM