• In your 30’s-early 40's and feel your career has stalled?
• None of the standard workplace incentives motivate you?
• Looking for a company where you really "fit" in?
• Taken for granted, yet feel squeezed by the Baby Boomers and Generation Y?
Welcome to Generation X! We are a small cohort of 44 million and are the filling in the population pyramid sandwich. We are squeezed by two generations who are double our size: the Baby Boomers before us and Gen Y or Millenials who came after us.
Check out my previous article with info on each of the major American Population Cohorts "Are You A Middle Child? Generation X and Adlerian Birth Order"
For the purposes of this article I will use the following abbreviations Xer's for Generation X, GY for Generation Y and BB for Baby Boomers.
• Never get call-backs for the 2nd Interviews?
• Want to Increase your Interview Success?
The Psychology behind the interview process is both complex and fascinating. If understood and used correctly, it can add a tremendous boost for job-seekers. As a Career Management Professional, my role is that of a go-between who mediates between the employers and candidates. I'd like to share what I've observed about the Psychology of Interviews...
Posted by Sharon B. Cohen at 1:37 PM
- Are you currently dealing with change?
- Do you lack a career focus?
- Are you considering alternative, career options?
- Do you plan to job search?
- Are you currently looking for a new job?
A career tune up is very similar to an exercise tune-up. An experienced personal trainer is just like an experienced, career coach. Both individuals can motivate you, help you develop an effective routine, provide structure and accountability, address your unique needs and help you reach your goals faster. Remember, the weekly expense of being out of work far, far outweighs what a short-term, solution-focused, career tune-up will cost. Additionally, an ethical counselor will teach you how to manage your career, not just provide short-term answers. After a career tune up, you will be much better equipped to to job search and/or deal with career challenges. Client testimonials.
Posted by Sharon B. Cohen at 12:36 PM
Is the terrain of a modern job search - alien to you?
Forget outer space, the job boards are the final frontier for most job seekers!
- Why are online job boards, such a hot commodity?
- Why are there millions of people on Monster, HotJobs, CareerBuilder, ExecuNet and the Ladders?
- Do they really deliver? Do most people get jobs this way?
Posted by Sharon B. Cohen at 1:57 PM
- Still think your LinkedIn page looks bland?
- Want to trick out your page with a fresh style?
What is in style today, may not be in style tomorrow. Stay up to date on LI fashions, style conventions and apps to ensure that your LI page is evolving along with the trends. Devote time each week, to staying current, active and up to date.
Posted by Sharon B. Cohen at 2:40 PM